HydroShare provides the ability to upload and store your data and corresponding metadata online. Data can either remain unpublished and retain a consistent URL, or data can be formally published and receive a digital object identifier (DOI). HydroShare is dedicated to making sure your data remains available in perpetuity.
Some of the benefits of storing and/or formally publishing your data with in HydroShare include:
- Data discoverability: data will have a dedicated landing page, and can be found in a domain-specific repository among hundreds of other data sources and through Google Database Search.
- Data access control: keep data private, limit sharing to select colleagues, or make data publicly available.
- Collaborate with Others: create or join groups with common research interests and easily share data in HydroShare. Contact other contributors to ask questions about data.
- Access free tools developed by CUAHSI and the hydrologic community for managing and analyzing data.
- Cite Data Easily: at the completion of your project, you can formally publish your data by obtaining a Digital Object Identifier (DOI).
- Increased project sustainability: CUAHSI staff provide assistance and long-term infrastructure support, including regular back-ups.