We deploy updates to HydroShare frequently to add new functionality, fix issues, respond to user suggestions and improve the system. Generally, releases are deployed sometime between 8 am and 10 am Eastern time on Tuesdays. Releases typically involve some system downtime. This downtime is announced in advance to users who have recently logged in to HydroShare. If you have an activity using HydroShare that may be impacted by downtime, please contact email@example.com.
The HydroShare code is open source with development managed using GitHub https://github.com/hydroshare/hydroshare. You can report bugs or see code details for each release at https://github.com/hydroshare/hydroshare/releases.
1.21 Deployed 4/2/2019
The 1.21 release provides backend and user experience improvements. Notably:
- Page load times to display the My Resources page has been improved - more than halving the page load time.
- Page load time for resource landing pages has been improved.
- Messages associated with related resources have been made more descriptive to provide guidance and encourage better content for this metadata.
- The REST API can be used to add funding agency and related metadata content.
- A script for migrating generic to composite resources has been deployed. This will enable a system administrator to migrate generic to composite resources. Plans as to when to run this script are still under development pending further testing and notification of users.
- A number of small bugs have been fixed.
1.20.1 Deployed 3/12/19
The 1.20.1 release was a hotfix to correct an error in the comment fields available that was introduced in 1.20.
1.20 Deployed 3/12/2019
The 1.20 release includes several system backend, user experience and display improvements and bug fixes. Notably:
- Code was added to enable heapmetrics monitoring of system use to help us understand and improve the user experience.
- Indicator triangles were added to the My Resources page to indicate sorting.
- The button for copying a resource bag to iRODS was moved to be located with other buttons.
- Bugs in the open with functionality were corrected so that users can now configure web app resources to connect to and open external web apps from resources, content type aggregations and individual files.
- System messages were improved in several locations.
1.19.1 Deployed 2/26/19
1.19.1 was an incremental release to correct long resource landing page load times encountered following the 1.19 deploy. This also included a separate SOLR container for each worker to reduce the downtime associated with SOLR indexing during deployments.
1.19 Deployed 2/19/19.
The 1.19 release includes a revamp of the resource landing page that reorganizes and clarifies the presentation of metadata (the information that describes your data or models).The resource landing page redesign includes:
- Summary metadata at the top reorganized to show, size content type sharing status and statistics on views, downloads and comments.
- Reorganization of the content area to better associate content metadata in a side panel with content type folders and files.
- Rendering of readme files, formatted as either plain text (readme.txt) or markdown (readme.md).
- Grouping of buttons for acting on files and folders into a single toolbar at the top of the content area.
- Reorganization of all access control and sharing functionality into a single manage access window. This includes the functionality for making resources public.
- Removal of tabs for authorship, related resources, web apps, extended and content metadata below the content area. This content is now directly on the resource landing page, except for web apps. Available web apps are no longer displayed on the resource landing page and need to be discovered using the Discover page.
Content Panel Reorganization
File-level metadata, the metadata associated with individual files and supported content types is now organized on the right side of the Content section, with an option to collapse and expand the metadata panel. Also, notice the download icons: to download a single file and to download a zipped bagit of all files.
Manage Access To Your Data
Manage the sharing status of the resource by clicking on the Manage Access icon as circled below:
- Change the sharing status between public, discoverable, private
- Set viewing, editing, or owning access permissions for other users
- Change the resource to shareable or not shareable. Shareable allows other users to enable further users to access the resource at the same permission level they hold.
- View and change the quota holder. This is the user against whose quota the resource size is tallied.
1.18.1 Deployed 2/6/19
Correct a problem with use tracking.
1.18 Deployed 12/18/18
The 1.18 release includes the following:
- Add file set as a content type aggregation, this provides the capability to add metadata to folders in a composite resource.
- Corrected bugs in spatial coverage details, discover and my resource lists and web apps.
1.17 Deployed 11/27/18
The 1.17 release updated the Django platform software used from version 1.11 to 1.18.
For details of earlier releases refer to github https://github.com/hydroshare/hydroshare/releases