The Data Series Viewer enables users to visualize HIS referenced resources and data series discovered using HydroClient available at: data.cuahsi.org.
What can I do with this App?
There are three ways of interacting with the Data Series Viewer:
- Discover data at data.cuahsi.org and view it with the Data Series Viewer
- Open the Data Series Viewer directly with any HIS Referenced Time Series resource
- Interact with other apps and create HIS Referenced Time Series resources to view with the Data Series Viewer
The Data Series Viewer can graph up to five different data series found at data.cuahsi.org with up to two different units at a time. Additional metadata is provided for each of the data series, along with box and whisker plots and summary statistics.
The Data Series Viewer graphs data that has been discovered at data.cuahsi.org. To learn how to search for and discover data using data.cuahsi.org, check out the HydroClient User Guide: HydroClient User Guide.
The Data Series Viewer also graphs HIS-referenced resources created in HydroShare. You can create your own HIS referenced resource (learn how to here), navigate to the resource landing page, and use the Open with option to view the data with the Data Series Viewer. You can also use other apps, such as the USGS and AHPS Gaugeviewer WML or the Snow Inspector app to create HIS referenced time series that can then be viewed using the Data Series Viewer.
Discover data in HydroClient and view using the Data Series Viewer
There are three preliminary steps required on HydroClient (data.cuahsi.org) to view data in the Data Series Viewer
- Start by searching for data at data.cuahsi.org
- View the list of Search Results and save selected data series to your Workspace
- Select data series and open with the Data Series Viewer
Open the Data Series Viewer with any HIS Referenced Time Series Resource
There are two options for opening the Data Series Viewer with HIS Referenced Time Series
- Create your own HIS Referenced Time Series resource to use the Data Series Viewer
- Create an HIS Referenced Time Series resource using the USGS and AHPS Gaugeviewer WML or Snow Inspector apps to create a HIS referenced time series to view with the Data Series Viewer
- A plot of up to 5 different data series
- Box and whisker plots for each data series
- Summary statistics for each data series
- Additional metadata for each data series
Suggestions to learn more
Links to sample outputs available as Resources in HydroShare
The Time Series Viewer is a visualization tool only. The output of this App is an interactive browser, but the data cannot be downloaded.
Credits, Authors, Contributors and Contacts
CUAHSI data series viewer was developed by Dan Ames, Jiri Kadlec, Martin Seul, and Matthew Bayles.
Resource citation: Bayles, M. (2021). Data Series Viewer, HydroShare, http://www.hydroshare.org/resource/d5ac4340c7ff454f9c57dce43da2d625