The Discover page in HydroShare has been designed for you to find public (completely open) and discoverable (only metadata open) resources in HydroShare. You do not need a HydroShare account to use the Discover page. To navigate to the page, click on ‘Discover’ in the header of any HydroShare page.
Free text search
- Type any term into the search box to find resources with matching metadata. Adding multiple terms will find resources containing all terms. Using the free text search also drives the filter options available.
Apply filters options
- Use filters to search by Author, Contributor, Owner, Resource Type, Subject, and/or Availability. For each filter categories the 20 most common terms or authors are available for selection.
- Use the predefined Availability filter that includes three options:
- Discoverable: metadata is public but the resource is protected
- Published: resource is formally published with a DOI
- Public: metadata and resource are public
Use the arrows to move to the next or previous page or enter a page number into the text field to jump directly to a desired page.
Use the arrows in the table header to sort each column ascending and descending.
Each resource listing shows icons for type, sharing status, and the availability of geographic coordinates.
Available metadata fields
Each resource listing shows the Title, First Author, Date Created and Date Modified field.
Hover over the resource title to see a preview of the resource abstract.
Hover over the resource author to see a complete list of the Authors, Owners, and Contributors associated with the resource.
Hover over the Date Created or Last Modified fields to show the time stamp.
Using the Map Functionality
Click on the ‘View Map’ button to open the map. The map will open and show only the first page of resources that contain spatial coverage information indicated by the globe icon in the resource list. The map will display only the location or the center points of the area for these resources and hide all resources without spatial information. Filter, change page, or adjust the order of resources shown on the list below to see their locations on the map.
Apply paging: Use the arrows to move to the next or previous page or enter a page number into the text field to jump directly to a desired page.
The map will update to the current set of resources in the list view and adjust the zoom to cover the resources.
The map clusters the resource locations that are close together and indicates how many resources are located in the cluster by the number and the color of the cluster icon.
Clicking a cluster icon zooms to the extent of the markers within the cluster so they can be viewed individually.
Clicking an individual marker icon allows you to retrieve the resource title. Click the resource title to browse to the resource.