Upload Data and Models and Share with Others
Sign In and Create a Resource
- Go to https://www.hydroshare.org/
- Sign in to your HydroShare user account
- Click on MY RESOURCES at the top of the page
- Click Create new on the MY RESOURCES page
Create the Resource
- Click on the drop down to Select a Resource Type
- To learn more about Resource Types, navigate to the Help Pages Resource Types
- Type in the title of the resource
- Drag and drop or browse to the file/files of interest
- Click Create Resource
Edit the Resource Metadata
- Click on the icon in the top right corner of the resource landing page to edit the metadata
- Fill out the abstract to describe the data or models within the resource
- Enter in keywords that describe the data. Effective keywords help increase the discovery of a resource.
- Select the Sharing status
- Public: can be discovered by anyone, and anyone can access the files. The resource may not be final, may be subject to change, could be deleted, and is not considered to be published.
- Discoverable: can be discovered by anyone in HydroShare, but only users with permission can access the content files.
- Private: cannot be discovered by anyone except the user who created it.
- Fill in the Author, Related Resources, and other metadata elements depending on the resource type
- Check out the Guide for Data Authors and Publishers
Share the resource with other HydroShare users
- In the top right corner of the resource landing page, click on the icon
- Type in the name of a user or group and click on the dropdown to choose the permission of "Can view, Can edit, Is owner”
- Click Add
- Click Close